14 16026969 ©2006 Maytag Services
Troubleshooting Procedures (Electronic Models)
Trouble 4: The following visual conditions indicate a probable failed control circuit or
membrane switch assembly.
1. Incomplete segments.
• Segment missing.
• Partial segment missing.
• Digit flickering (Note: Slight flickering is normal.)
• “ :0” does not display when power is on.
2. A distinct change in the display is not on, when it should be.
3. One or more digits in the display are not on, when it should be.
4. Display indicates a number different from one touched, for example, key in 5 and 3 appears in the display.
5. Specific numbers (for example 7 or 9) will not display when key pad is touched.
6. Display does not count down or up with time cooking or clock operation.
7. Oven is programmed and cooks normally, but no display is indicated.
8. Display obviously jumps in time while counting down.
9. Display counts down too fast while cooking.
10.Display does not show the time of day when clear pad is touched.
11. Oven lamp and turntable motor do not stop, although cooking is finished. Check if RELAY 2 contacts close, if they
are closed, replace touch control circuit.
NOTE: Before following the particular steps listed above for the touch pad, verify continuity of each wire harness
between the touch pad and printed circuit board.
at all, even if
pad on touch