B–2 16021520 Rev. 0 ©2002 Maytag Appliances Company
Care and Cleaning Instructions
NOTE: Record all inspections and repairs for future
Cleaning Interior, Exterior, and Door
Clean microwave oven with mild detergent in warm
water using soft sponge or cloth. Wring sponge or cloth
to remove excess water before wiping equipment. If
desired, boil a cup of water in microwave oven to loosen
soil before cleaning.
• Do not use abrasive cleansers or cleaners containing
ammonia. These could damage finish.
• Never pour water into microwave oven bottom.
• Do not use water pressure type cleaning systems.
Changing Oven Light Bulb
To avoid electrical shock hazard unplug power cord or
open circuit breaker to microwave oven before
replacing light bulb. After replacing light bulb,
To avoid burns and cuts, wear gloves to protect hands
should bulb break. If hot, allow bulb to cool.
Tools and Bulb
• Protective gloves
• Standard screwdriver
• Light bulb rated 115-125 volt, 40 watt
1. Unplug oven.
2. Remove screw from back of oven and remove
• See illustration below.
3. Remove bulb by turning counterclockwise, being
careful not to burn fingers or break bulb.
• Replace with appliance bulb rated 115-125 volt,
4. Replace bulb cover.
5. Plug in oven.
To avoid oven cavity damage, do not operate oven
without splatter shield in place. Arcing will damage
oven cavity and antenna when operated without shield
Splatter shield keeps top of microwave oven cavity and
antenna from becoming soiled. Clean soil from shield
with damp cloth or clean with mild detergent and water.
Remove splatter shield for easy cleaning.
1. Unplug oven before removing splatter shield to stop
antenna from rotating.
2. Place fingers on front of shield, push forward, and
• When removing and replacing splatter shield, be
careful not to bend antenna.
3. Wash shield in hot, soapy water. Rinse and
• Do not wash splatter shield in dishwasher.
• Do not use abrasive cleaners.
4. Reinstall splatter shield by fitting tabs into slots at top
of oven cavity back. Lift and press front of shield
until shield snaps into place.