To avoid the risk of electrical shock, personal injury, or death,
disconnect power to oven and discharge the capacitors
before following any disassembly procedure.
24 16021520 Rev. 0 ©2002 Maytag Appliances Company
6. Remove inner door.
NOTE: A heat gun may be required to aid in removing
the inner door from door weldment.
7. Remove screws securing door latch to door weldment
and drill rivets to remove door latch.
Interlock Switch Assembly
1. Remove outer case.
2. Disconnect wiring.
3. Remove mounting screws securing switch to oven
cavity and remove switch assembly.
4. When replacing the assembly, all wires must be
re-connected and checked for continuity before
operating the oven.
NOTE: The tray is sealed in place with Silicone Rubber.
This type of sealant needs curing. Unit should not be
used for minimum of one hour after application.
Follow all precautionary information shown on
1. Unplug oven from outlet.
2. Using a thin bladed knife, cut seal along the edges
and remove tray from unit.
3. Remove any sealant residue. Thoroughly clean and
degrease sump area.
4. Clean oven cavity bottom where new RTV sealant
will make contact using mineral spirits or any
non-flammable degreasing solvent.
NOTE: Detergents, soap, and water are not sufficient to
remove oil and grease.
5. Place new tray into unit and seal in place using
part # M0275598 sealent.
6. Smooth RTV sealant using R0000039 scraper.
7. Allow RTV sealant to cure one hour before using.
Oven Light Removal
The light bulb for inside of the oven can be changed only
from the back. On the upper left hand side of the oven
back is a metal plate with one screw. The light bulb is
located behind this plate.
Follow these steps to change the bulb:
1. Facing oven back, remove screw and remove plate.
2. To remove bulb, turn it counterclockwise, being
careful not to burn fingers or break the bulb.
3. Replace bulb with a 40 watt, 115 - 125 volt appliance
4. Reposition plate, being careful not to bend hinge tab.
Replace and tighten screw. Do not operate oven
without plate in place.