© 2004 Oki Data Americas, Inc. 58366302
Install the Tray
1. Unpack the tray and remove the
2. Turn off the printer and unplug the
3. Remove the interface cable.
4. Note the location of the pins (1),
connector (2) and tray opening (3).
5. Pull down the printer’s manual feed
6. Lower the printer onto the auxiliary
tray, aligning the holes/plug on the
bottom of the printer on the pins/
connector on the tray. You should
feel the printer seating and locking
7. Attach the connection cable.
8. Reattach the interface cable.
9. Plug in the power cord and turn on
Models with Operator Panel:
a. Press the Menu button one or
more times until
appears on the display.
The MenuMap prints.
Models with Control Button:
a. Press the Control Button to take
the printer off-line.
b. Press and hold down the control
button for at least 2 seconds, but
less than 5 seconds. The
11. Look for TRAY2 on the first page
of the MenuMap under the
MEDIA MENU listing. If it isn’t
there, check to be sure that the
connection between the printer
and Tray 2 is secure, then reprint
and recheck the MenuMap.
12. Check the MEDIA MENU
settings shown on the MenuMap
and make any needed changes for
• TRAY2 PAPERSIZE
• TRAY2 MEDIATYPE
• TRAY2 MEDIAWEIGHT
to match the print media you will
normally use in Tray 2. (If you need
help with this, see “Operator
Panels” in your on-line User’s
1. Pull out the tray.
2. Position the paper guides in the
Oki PN-40834406 - 500 Sheet Second Paper Tray
(continued on back)