Before You Begin 1
JUNIPER NETWORKS STRM
PGRADING TO STRM 2008.2
This document provides information for upgrading to STRM 2008.2 including:
• Before You Begin
• Upgrading to STRM 2008.2r2
• Troubleshooting Your Upgrade
• Installing Japanese Support
• Clearing the Cache
You must upgrade the systems in your deployment in the following order:
Caution: The upgrade process must be complete on your STRM Console and you
must be able to access the STRM user interface on your system hosting the
Console before you upgrade any other systems in your deployment.
• Remote Event Processors
• Remote Event Collectors
• Classification Engines
• Flow Processors
• Flow Collectors
Caution: If your deployment consists of non-standard hardware configurations,
please contact Juniper Networks Customer Support for assistance with your
upgrade. Non-standard hardware configurations may include non-Dell based Intel
servers, unsupported network interface cards, hardware RAID controllers, or
external data storage. For information on STRM appliances and hardware, see the
STRM Installation Guide.
Before You Begin Before you upgrade to STRM 2008.2, note the following:
• To upgrade to STRM 2008.2, you must be running STRM 2008.1. If you are not
running STRM 2008.1, contact Juniper Networks Customer Support for
assistance with your upgrade.
• Make sure you log out of STRM and any instance of the STRM Administration
• Make sure all browsers are closed during the upgrade process.