CD-ROM Test Error Codes
Error Code Description Recommended Action
3301-xx CD-ROM drive read test failed.
1. Replace the CD and retest.
2. Verify that drivers are loaded and properly
3305-xx CD-ROM drive seek test failed.
3. Replace the CD-ROM drive and retest.
4. Replace the system board and retest.
6600-xx ID test failed.
6605-xx Read test failed.
6608-xx Controller test failed.
6623-xx Random read test failed.
2.5.3 Running View System Information (INSPECT)
The View System Information (INSPECT) utility provides information about the
computer and installed or connected devices. You can display, print, or save the
In order to access the INSPECT utility, follow the instructions below:
1. Connect a printer if you want to print the INSPECT information.
2. Turn on or restart the computer.
3. Access Compaq Utilities by pressing F10 when the cursor blinks in the upper-right
corner of the display.
4. If prompted, select a language.
5. Click View System Information (INSPECT).
6. Click the item you want to view. The list includes the following:
■ System ■ Audio
■ ROM ■ Operating system
■ Keyboard ■ System files
■ System ports ■ Windows files
■ System storage ■ Miscellaneous
■ Network - Applicable only i
computer is docked in the
Convenience Base II
7. Follow the instructions on the screen to cycle through the screens, to return to the
list and choose another item, or to print the information.
8. Select Exit Inspect.
The Compaq Prosignia is only supported by Convenience Base II. It is not supported by any prior convenience bases.