The Bluetooth application lets you connect your mobile phone, stereo headphone, or car stereo to your
Travel Companion. When the connection to a mobile phone is established and you receive a call, it is
automatically transferred to your Travel Companion and the speaker turns on. This enables safer driving
and you need not use a headset or press any buttons to activate the speaker.
To launch the Bluetooth application, choose one of the following options:
on the top of the screen.
icon is always available on every screen
Go to the Settings menu and tap Bluetooth.
Tap Extras/Phone/Key Pad menu point to dial the phone number.
Connect a Bluetooth-enabled phone to your Travel
You can connect Bluetooth-capable mobile phones to your Travel Companion. Check the
documentation of your phone for compatibility information.
To connect to a Bluetooth-enabled phone:
1. Make sure that Bluetooth is enabled on the phone.
Tap Settings >
3. Tap Explore Bluetooth devices.
4. Nearby Bluetooth devices are listed. Tap your phone’s name when displayed in the list.
5. Select the Bluetooth service to use:
To use your device as a loudspeaker, choose Voice Gateway.
For transferring files between your phone and the Travel Companion, choose OBEX File
NOTE: Other services may be listed as well depending on the phone.
6. Both your phone and your Travel Companion will prompt for a 4-digit numeric password. Enter the
same password on both devices.
The icons available on the screen are as listed below:
Tap to launch the Bluetooth application
40 Chapter 11 Bluetooth