Prepare the Nexia Bridge for Enrollment. Choose and follow the easiest option for you shown below.
Battery powered Bridge:
• Disconnect Ethernet and power to the Bridge.
• Install a new, high-quality 9-volt battery into the Bridge.
• Move the Bridge to within 6 feet (1.8 meters) of the Sensor. Keep the Bridge in this position during the entire enrollment process.
AC powered Bridge:
• Move the Sensor to the Nexia Bridge for enrollment.
• Keep the Sensor within 6 feet (1.8 meters) of the Nexia Bridge during the entire enrollment process.
For more information, refer to the Nexia Bridge User Guide.
Activate and Enroll the Sensor
a. Press and release the “+” button on the Bridge. The orange LED
will blink slowly to indicate enrollment mode. The Bridge will
remain in enrollment mode for 30 seconds before timeout.
b. Remove the Sensor’s plastic pull tab to activate battery power
and start the Sensor’s enrollment mode. The Sensor’s LED will
! If the plastic tab is already removed, then remove the
battery for ten (10) seconds and replace the battery (shown,
right) to restart enrollment mode.
c. The orange LED on the Bridge will blink rapidly when enrollment
begins. The Bridge and Sensor LEDs will light solid to indicate
! If the Bridge LED never blinks rapidly and enrollment mode
times out (after 30 seconds), then repeat steps a-c.
ATTENTION! Electrostatic Sensitive!
Avoid touching the antenna or circuit board when handling the
Door/Window Sensor Installation Instructions
• Z-Wave™ enabled device which provides open/closed
• Transmits open/closed status
• Reports tamper condition when cover is open
Product Speciﬁ cations
• For indoor use only
• Operating frequency: 908.42 MHz
• Operation range: Up to 100 feet (30.5 meters) line-of-sight
• Operating temperature: 0° – 49°C, 32° – 120°F (ambient
• Battery type required: 3V Lithium CR123A
• Battery life approximately 3 years
Caution: This product is dependent upon self-monitoring and uses Z-Wave
technology to communicate data wirelessly to other products. This product is not
monitored by a third party and radio communication (including Z-Wave) is not 100%
reliable. Therefore, this product should not be solely relied upon for the protection of
life or valuables.
Caution: Exposure to water will damage this product and can make it inoperable.
Note: Performance of this product is dependent upon proper installation, and product
will not perform as intended if not installed pursuant to these instructions.
DO NOT plug in Ethernet or power before enrolling!