16 About the Command Line Interface
You can use the command line interface to perform the following functions:
• Directly access the script engine and run commands in interactive mode or
using a script file.
• Create script command batch files to be run on multiple storage arrays
when you need to install the same configuration on different storage
• Run script commands on a storage array directly connected to a host, a
storage array connected to a host by an Ethernet, or a combination of
• Display configuration information about the storage arrays.
• Add storage arrays to and remove storage arrays from the
• Perform automatic discovery of all storage arrays attached to the local
• Add or delete Simple Network Management Protocol (SNMP) trap
destinations and e-mail alert notifications.
• Specify the mail server and sender e-mail address or Simple Mail Transport
Protocol (SMTP) server for alert notifications.
• Direct the output to a standard command line display or to a named file.
How to Use the Command Line Interface
Using the CLI commands, you can access the script engine, specify which
storage array receives the script commands, and set operation environment
A CLI command consists of the following elements:
• Storage array identifier
• Script commands
book.book Page 16 Wednesday, June 8, 2011 12:20 PM